This is my first part of my NY series, final is here.
If you follow me on Instagram, then you already know that I spent a few days in the city that never sleeps, New York City!
This is my second time visiting NYC. There are a few hot spots that I always visit, like Times Square and former NYFW location, Bryant Park. But the best way to travel isn’t lining up for tourist landmarks; it’s wandering the city and do what the locals do.
Getting lost in a bookstore is an exciting way to experience what the locals enjoy reading. I love hitting up Kinokuniya as they carry a plethora of Japanese books, English books, manga and plenty of other knickknacks that make the perfect souvenirs for friends who are into cute aesthetics. I spent hours looking through their ridiculously wide selection of art and fashion books and I couldn’t be happier. Plus their bubble tea frappe was the best bubble tea I have ever had (I’m not exaggerating!)
The architecture and advertisements in the city light up every corner, it was so inspiring to walk through it all. It amazes me that millions of New Yorkers experience it daily, as they speed past it on the way to work or bullet down the street trying to catch the new Metro.
Links à la Mode #2: What an another honor to be apart of this week’s Links à la Mode! Be sure to check out the other bloggers to get a worldly perspective on fashion and style.
Links à la Mode, September 3
- A Handful of Stories: On Personal Style
- DressCode | HighFashion: 70’s Trend F/W 15/16 | Mini, Midi, & Maxi Skirts
- Everyday Starlet: The Perfect White T Shirt for a Full Bust
- Hey Just Jei: Life | New York, New York You’re a Helluva Town Part 1
- La Vintage Vida: The Fitting Room Chronicles | Channeling Vera Ramone King
- Les Assorties: Fostering Emerging Italian Talent
- Life in the Fash Lane: Blogging 101 | How to Deal with Blogging Block
- Lobler & Delaney: AW15 Shoe Guide
- Mama in Heels: Tips for Packing a Las Vegas Weekend Getaway
- Modavracha: Top 5 Essential Eye Make-Up Brushes For the Beginner
- Musing of a Fashion Designer: Spotlight | Dent De Man
- Purushu Arie: Let Cristiano Ronaldo Teach You How to Rock a Men’s Bag
- Sassy Ethnic Bohemian: The Meetup Adventure
- Savvy Sunflower: It’s About the 70’s and Making it Modern
- Style Diary by Osy: Wrap Queen | Ankara Style
- Take Two: Arabia’s Beauty Experts Reveal Their Summer Essentials & Beauty Hacks
- The FABulous Journey: Sweet and Simple Cherry Red Dress
- The Wanderbliss: Zipping at Neemrana
- Trendy Techie: How to Nix Jet Lag Before it Begins
- We Are Ready Made: Talking to “The One Percenters”