Mama, mom, mother, there’s dozens of names for this caring parental unit. No matter what you call them, you want to say thank you for all their care and sacrifice. Show them some love with beautifully made jewelry by designers who care about their craft, as if they were their own kin.
Maybe your mama gave you a hand growing up with your homework or when you were sick. Why not give a hand back? Australian ceramic artist Dai Li handcrafts each hand, so no two are alike. If your mama has soft spot for artistry, she’ll appreciate every little detail Dai Li puts into each brooch.
If your mom is grateful for the 70’s trend revival, these leather fringe earrings are probably at the top of her wish list. Designer Cristina Anton adds a punch of colour and fun with all her leathercraft jewelry. If you want a truly unique gift to impress the socks off of mom, aim for anything from Boo and Boo Factory. Psst…why not get her matching tassel charm?
3. Double Ring by Jenny Bird
Can you see your ma as the next #birdgirl? Bird girls have something in common: they’re sophisticated and appreciate the high quality Canadian designer Jenny Bird brings to her jewelry design. Though China isn’t the first country you think of for ethical production, Jenny Bird ensures her jewelry are made in safe and clean environment where audits are mandatory.
Sweet, and undeniably lovely, Canadian designer Noémie Vaillancourt brings a fresh take on femininity with her collection of jewelry and clothing. Pairing delicate chains with lightweight feathers, your mom will have no difficulty putting together her next #ootd.
European designer Jevgenija Dorosenko has a great eye for colour. If you scroll through Yayoi Jewelry’s collection of bracelets or necklaces, it’s filled with rich colours and bold material. If your mom’s style is playful yet classy, expect to see Yayoi Jewelry will start popping up more at your Sunday brunches with her.
FYI there’s free worldwide shipping!
If your parental unit isn’t a big jewelry person, add some macabre to the mix to sway them. Canadian designer Michael R. Doyle’s passion of nature and jewelry come together with a rich collection filled with high quality sterling silver, animal symbols, and a sense of adventure.
*Prices shown are listed in USD
This post is not in any way sponsored or affiliated with the brands mentioned. If I am affiliated with any brands in the future, it would be clearly stated on my blog for your discretion.
Links à la Mode, May 5
- Al Balsam Life: Met Gala 2016 | Iconic Fashion Moments
- Alive as Always: Mix It Up a Notch | Babydoll Batik
- The Antisocialista: I Like Big Buds and I Cannot Lie
- Arisgold: Five Reasons to Wear a Romper
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: May Crush List
- The Classy Junk: Black and Taupe | Outfit
- Distinguished Diva: Style Tip | The Easiest Way to Tie Ankara Headwrap | Video Tutorial
- The Dragonfruit Diaries: Beauty | Nightly Skincare Routine
- Everyday Starlet: Man Repeller | Seeking Love. Finding Overalls by Leandra Medine | Review
- The Fashionista Momma: Leather On Leather
- Finite 1: It’s Easy as 1-2-3
- Hey Just Jei: Mother’s Day Gifts to Make Mom Shine
- Les Assorties: Armadio | Undiscovered Italian Luxury Discovered
- Life in the Fash Lane: Summery Stripes
- Modavracha: Is Pyjamas Fashion Trend Stylish or Merely Comfortable?
- Sweet Tea Salvage: 10 Cute Bike Helmets
- Tales of Two: Channeling Your Inner Garden Nymph
- Vanity and Me: A Classic Look for Spring
- The Wanderbliss: Mustard
- We Are Ready Made: Rumour Has It