hey just jei is an alternative menswear and minimalist style and fashion blog. HJJ has 3 main values:
- representing the androgynous aesthetic as a lifestyle, not a trend
- teaching and focusing on the importance of ethical fashion
- spotlighting small, indie, and ethical designers
hey just jei team//
//style blogger, jei
Here’s 5 facts about me you can digest:
1) I’ve been a Toronto-based style blogger since 2012 on my first blog, just jell. I love sharing my outfits and the stories they tell. I believe our garments, not necessarily the price-tag or brand name, can say a lot about our past or future.
2) I’m a fashion designer. I want to share my processes and creation when I draw, draft, sew (you’ll see illustrations, work-in-progresses, photo shoots here too!)
3) I’m passionate about androgynous fashions and minimalism. It’s not just a look, but it’s a mindset too, a cloth of comfort, a place to be yourself wherever you go.
4) I love movies that make me cry. A good sad movie will haunt me whenever I l tearfully look back on it.
5) I shave my own head and have been doing it for years! The trick is practice and a lot of patience. I’ll do a tutorial on it one day!
I’m very excited to welcome a new member of the HJJ team, photographer Tee!
1) With over a decade of photography experience, she’s a expert in macro and more. But she always pushes herself to experiment and grow her techniques.
Weapon of choice: Nikon D300s
2) Self-described “crazy dog lady”, Tee is a proud mother of three loving dogs: a Rottweiler, Pomeranian, and miniature Dachshund.
P.S. If you ever visit Tee’s Instagram, it’s filled with amazing macros and her dressed up dogs have their own photoshoots too!
3) Tee enjoys drinking tea.